What is infrared radiation?
Infrared is a type of light that cannot be perceived by the human eye due to its greater wavelength. A special characteristic of infrared radiation is that its energy is given off in the form of heat. Therefore, infrared is also called “thermal radiation”. This radiation is characterised by the fact that each wavelength has its own properties.
As is the case with visible light, the properties change when the wavelength gets longer or shorter. Wavelengths between 380 and 780 nm form visible light, shorter than 380 nm ultraviolet light and longer wavelengths above 780 nm form thermal radiation.
The effect of infrared radiation becomes apparent by the heating of the skin's surface. Surfaces radiated with infrared light absorb energy and convert it into heat.
Infrared radiation is divided into three types:
We distinguish between infrared A, B and C. The radiation of the whole IR range is measured in nm (1 nanometre is 1 millionth millimetre):
infrared A: 780 to 1400 nm = shortwave IR radiation
infrared B: 1400 to 3000 nm = medium-wave IR radiation
infrared C: over 3000 nm = longwave IR radiation
Shortwave infrared radiation (IR-A) penetrates into the lower skin layers. So it reaches the perfused skin areas. The body dilates its blood vessels in the irradiated area, and blood circulation is stimulated in the surrounding tissue. Consequently, more oxygen is transported to the relevant region and the body's metabolism is stimulated. The combination of muscle relaxation and increased blood circulation can have an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effect.
Longwave infrared radiation (IR-C, IR-B): The infrared radiation energy heats the upper layer of skin (0 - 0.5 mm). The infrared heating panels gently emit radiation over a large area. After a session lasting approx. 30 min., this leads to a slight increase in body temperature and excessive sweating. The positive effects of sweating cures have been undisputed for thousands of years and were even used successfully in ancient times.
The effects of different heaters in an infrared cabin
We have combined several radiation technologies in order to provide the ideal infrared experience in our infrared cabins.
In addition to infrared heating panels, which guarantee constant radiation all over the body, intensive VITALlight ABC full spectrum heaters deliver targeted infrared exposure of the back.
VITALlight-IPX4 full spectrum heater
VITALlight infrared heaters contain the full infrared spectrum divided into the proportions 18% A, 56% B and 26% C. Infrared warmth from this deep heat radiator penetrates into the lower skin layers and is quickly distributed to the muscles in the irradiated area. This can lead to many positive effects on your health and well-being.
Operating the heater with the infrared control system is very easy. After switching on, the infrared heater is immediately ready for use, which not only saves a lot of energy, but is also very convenient for the user.
Advantages of the Infraworld VITALlight-IPX4 heater:
- Infrared ABC full spectrum heater
- selective heating to the exposed skin surface
- specific, direct infrared exposure of the back
- fast distribution of the absorbed warmth all over the body
- power control between 40% and 100% of the heater
- zone control for the heaters to the back (models TrioSol, Fusion, Vario)
- short heating-up time - immediate use possible
- no electromagnetic pollution
- TÜV approved and tested by the Austrian Research Centre Seibersdorf
- 230 V
Infrared heating panels
Infraworld is a pioneer in the field of infrared heating panels. Large infrared exposure areas allow for constant radiation all over the body. This makes you sweat from the inside out and experience all the benefits for your health. This is why health-conscious people count on Infraworld infrared cabins.
Advantages of Infraworld heating panels:
- gentle heating to the exposed skin surface
- fast distribution of warmth all over the body
- constant and large exposure area
- exposure from all sides
- intelligent control of energy consumption provides up to 40% less consumption
- short heating-up time – more than 60°C radiation temperature after only a few minutes
- accurate, adjustable infrared heat (between 20 - 80°C)
- constant cabin temperature during the whole session
- longstanding experience with continuous use in hotels, gyms, etc.
- the heating panels are operated with 230 V
- no electromagnetic pollution
- Made in the EU